Have a question? Contact us here: email@example.com
Resizing your images for the contest
You don't have to resize your images if the file size is 1 MB (1024 kb) or less. It will be automatically sized to the correct dimensions
when you upload it. However, if you are getting an ERROR message when you try to upload your image then you will need to resize it
and make sure it is saved as a JPEG image. You cannot upload bitmaps, gifs, tiffs, pngs, raw or any other type of image file.
Here is some information on programs and methods for resizing images. For more information please search the internet
on "resizing images" or use the help menu on your image editing program.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular programs used by photographers. Here are instructions for resizing your image in Photoshop.
A trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements is available on Adobe's website.
- Go to File then Open and open your image
- Choose Image Menu > Image Size
- When the Image Size window opens, change the largest pixel dimension to 1800. Make sure the "Constrain Proportions" box is checked. Click on the OK button.
- Many images need sharpening when they are reduced in size, you may sharpen your image using the Filter menu > Sharpen > Select appropriate sharpening command and adjust to your liking.
- Save the image: File menu > Save, Save As, or Save for the Web as a .jpg.
Images should be in the sRGB color space to look their best in a web browser. Use Photoshop's Convert to Profile function to
convert your images to sRGB. Images in Adobe RGB and other spaces will not look the same in the browser as they do in Photoshop.
Consult the Help menu to find this command in your version of Photoshop as it varies.
Next best bet if you have a digital camera is to use the software that came with it.